Chicago District Meeting
Reshoring: Is the Time Right for Your Company?
94 Startford Dr.
Bloomingdale, IL 60108
To offshore or reshore? How to objectively decide.
Supply chains have recently been shocked by natural disasters and rising offshore wages and currency. The United States is now forecast to be increasingly competitive to reshore substantial amounts of offshored manufacturing over the next five years. About 50,000 manufacturing jobs have already been reshored.
The nonprofit Reshoring Initiative helps companies objectively decide what and when to reshore by use of the Initiative's free Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) Estimator software which helps them calculate the "hidden" offshoring costs. User data suggests that about 25% of offshored manufacturing would return now if all companies based sourcing decisions on TCO instead of wage rates, price or landed cost.
Please join us in welcoming Harry Moser, president and founder of the Reshoring Initiative. His other accomplishments include:
- Inductee to Industry Week’s Manufacturing Hall of Fame 2010
- Quality Magazine's Professional of the Year 2012
- 45-year career in manufacturing
- Worked for GF AgieCharmilles (EDM and High Speed Milling machine tools). President in 1985. Retired 12/31/10 as Chairman Emeritus.
- On the board of NIMS (credentials for skilled manufacturing) and President of SMTS (Swiss Machine Tool Society).
- BS in Mechanical Engineering and MS in Engineering from MIT in 1967. MBA from U. of Chicago in 1981.
- Active participant in President Obama's Jan 11, 2012 Insourcing Forum
- Testified at March 28, 2012, Congressional hearing on reshoring and manufacturing.
If your company has had experience with reshoring, please bring a part and share your experience!
5:00 p.m. - Cocktails
5:45 p.m. - Presentation
6:30 p.m. - Questions and Answers
6:45 p.m. - Dinner
Space is limited to 60 people and the cutoff date is November 23!
1N353 Fanchon St.
Carol Stream, IL 60188