Two Days for the Price of One Day!
Reserve your seat early - this seminar will sell out quickly!
All attendees will receive free die-estimating apps and resources including the Die Station Estimator App, Die sizer App, Die Specification form and Tool Planners’ How-to eBook on die-cost estimating.
All attendees entered for a chance to win a 1-year license of Tool Planners' DieMatrix software ($4900 value)!
Note: a portion of the 2nd day workshop requires the use of a laptop with 64 bit system
Achieve More Consistent Die Estimates
Industry experts present:
- Develop a Fair and Consistent Method for Issuing the RFQ
- Information Required to Estimate and Quote Dies
- Die Planning, Estimating and Pricing
- Forming Simulation Analysis
Plus Bonus Workshop Day!
- Tool Planners abbreviated version of its popular two-day die planning and pricing training course
- ETA/DYNAFORM workshop
- Blank Size Engineering
October 28 - Day One Seminar
Develop a Fair and Consistent Method for Issuing the RFQ
Carl Meyer, Consultant
- Constant Issues
- Realistic quote due dates
- How many companies are you quoting?
- Design & build standards
- Who lives by them
- Terms & conditions
- EAU drives die TPE & costs
- Reshore now initiative
- Determining which type of die to have quoted
- Value added
- Make it part of the package
- Press up-time utilization
Costs per hour
Forming Simulation Analysis
Jeanne He DuBois, DYNAFORM Product Manager, Engineering Technology Associates (ETA)
- Simulation application overview
- Different simulation methods, incremental vs. one step
- Simulation advantages and limitations
- Simulation basic concepts
Information Required to Estimate and Quote Dies
Jeff Bennett, President, Tool Planners Inc.
- What all estimators and buyers should know about dies
- Typical die-shop design and build activities that demand a price
- Identifying die labor, raw materials, components and subcontract items
- Request for quotes that get results
- Apples for apples – Press and die-construction specifications effect on die price
- Spreadsheets, guesses and other popular methods for estimating die cost
- Helpful (free and cheap) software and other estimating tools
- Books, magazines, websites and other resources for the die estimator
- Measure and improve – metrics and tips for improving your die estimating system
Die Planning, Estimating and Pricing
Jeff Bennett, President, Tool Planners Inc.
- Analyzing the part and part drawing (if there is one)
- Popular methods for flattening part geometry including pdf files
- How to determine the best die type for the job
- Blank nesting and ideas for saving production material
- Processing the part development sequence in about 15 minutes
- The secret to consistency - creating cost standards for everything
- Estimating Wire EDM and 3D machining
- Estimating delivery times and landed cost
- The greatest challenge ― predicting design, development and part approval cost
- The right price - How to set competitive rates and profits without an accountant
- Closing the loop for better quoting accuracy
- Tips for increasing quoting success
October 29 - Day Two – Bonus Workshop
Jeff Bennett will guide attendees through an actual die quote from start to finish and show attendees how to quickly budget die prices directly from the part drawing.
Jeff Bennett, Tool Planners, Part One - abbreviated version of its popular two-day die planning and pricing training course.
- Preparing the part geometry
- Techniques for fattening
- Quick-die-processing methods
- Pricing dies using DieMatrix software
- Die estimate example
Jeanne He DuBois, ETA/DYNAFORM Workshop
Blank Size Engineering
- Flatten a product’s design geometry
- Blank nesting
- Formability reporting
- Quick quoting methods
Jeff Bennett, Tool Planners, Part Two - abbreviated version of its popular two-day die planning and pricing training course.
View or print brochure
Day One - October 28 Seminar
7:30 a.m. Continental breakfast
8:00 a.m. Presentation, Carl Meyer, Consultant
9:30 a.m. Presentation, Jeff Bennett, Tool Planners, Inc.
11:45 p.m. Lunch
1:00 p.m. Presentation, Jeanne He DuBois, ETA
3:00 p.m. Presentation, Jeff Bennett, Tool Planners, Inc.
4:30 p.m. Adjourn
Day Two - October 29 Workshop
8:00 a.m. Jeff Bennett, Tool Planners, Part One - abbreviated version two-day die planning and pricing
9:45 a.m. Jeanne He DuBois, ETA/DYNAFORM Workshop
11:45 a.m. Lunch
12:30 p.m. Jeff Bennett, Part Two - abbreviated version two-day die planning and pricing training course,
software givea and drawing for a 1-year license of Tool Planners' DieMatrix software ($4900
2:30 p.m. Hang out for Q&A or private meetings
Seminar Location and Hotel Accommodations:
Sheraton Charlotte Airport Hotel to reserve online
2315 Scott Futrell Drive
Charlotte, NC 28208
Please call the hotel directly to make a room reservation. Reference PMA 2014 Conference to receive the special rate of $149 (plus tax). PMA rate is available through October 15, 2014. Reservations made after this date will be accepted at the hotel’s prevailing rate. Free self-parking. Hotel has a complimentary airport shuttle to and from Charlotte Douglas International Airport.